“What was your favorite vacation or trip ever? List 10 reasons why.”
My favorite vacation was the trip we took to Washington, D.C.
The reasons why:
1. The National Museum of American History was really cool! Especially Julia Child’s kitchen and the original Kermit the Frog.
2. I liked taking the Metro (subway), but not when it was crowded.
3. The Library of Congress was really pretty inside and I liked the tour.
4. Touring the Capitol was interesting. I liked seeing all the Representatives while visiting the House.
5. The monuments!!!!! Especially the Vietnam Wall, the Jefferson Monument (very pretty), and the FDR Memorial.
6. I took some very good photos on that trip. Most of my 4-H Photography photos from 2010 are from that trip. Just like most of my photos for this year’s exhibits are from our California vacation.
7. Just being in Washington, D.C. It was so cool to think, “Wow, this is where the White House and the Capitol and the Washington Monument and a bunch of other cool stuff are, all in this one area.”
8. The Dulles branch of the Air & Space Museum. There was the Enola Gay, the Enterprise shuttle, planes from different wars, and lots more.
9. The food. I enjoyed what we had for dinner there, particularly Red Hot & Blue and the Vietnamese restaurant whose name I have forgotten.
10. Theodore Roosevelt Island was very pretty – lots of trees and I got an excellent photo of the statue.