If you haven’t tasted Creative Juice or even heard of it, you should know that you’ve been living under a rock. Definitely. Without Creative Juice, I wouldn’t be able to get through many things – NaNoWriMo, NaBloPoMo, Script Frenzy, 4-H projects, and more, but especially anything related to writing. The items listed in italics are general ingredients. You’ve probably made a few recipes where it said you can use this or this or that. Understand? The items listed in bold are specifically what I use!
1. In a very big bowl, dump in all your ideas, including the crazy ones – a time machine, a crazy tabloid reporter, a platypus that only I can see, and a penguin who is talented at engineering.
2. Add some music that inspires you – movie soundtracks (by John Williams or Alexandre Desplat) and The Who.
3. Stir in something that relaxes you even when you’re way behind on your word-count goal – snuggling with my cat, listening to music, reading, and being weird.
4. Add a pinch of a book that you love that will help you to get through the month – the Harry Potter series, The Hunger Games, All Men of Genius, or the Kiki Strike series.
5. Add two gallons of water. You can substitute melted cheese for the water if you choose.
6. Mix everything together really well using a gigantic blender.
7. Drink a lot of it. Drink like you’re Haymitch discovering a keg.
8. Turn into a fantastic writer and enjoy!