It was a slightly awkward moment when I realized that I have more planned NaNoWriMo-related posts than I have days to write them. Currently I’m posting every other day which means that along with posts on two special days, I have nine more posting days. However, I have eight posts about NaNoWriMo and I also want to write about things other than NaNo. It looks like I’ll need to make a slight adjustment to my schedule. But now, on to the post!
Both the adult site and the YWP NaNoWriMo have these things called NaNoWriRolls. They’re designed to boost your wordcount and be fun at the same time. Usually, they follow a format of “If you ___, then write ___ words.” I really like the idea because they’re completely goofy but motivational. I usually just make myself write 1,667 words every day but sometimes I go for the NaNoWriRolls. I decided to make my own; you can try it out if you wish!
- If you’re reading this in the morning, write one hundred words.
- If you’re reading this in the afternoon/evening/night, write two hundred words.
- Write five words for each letter in your first, middle, and last names.
- If you’re wearing socks, write forty-five words.
- If you’re Team Peeta, write seventy-five words.
- If you’re Team Gale, write one hundred and twenty-five words.
- If you’re a fan of neither Peeta nor Gale, I applaud you for resisting to bend to peer pressure; write sixty words.
- If you’re homeschooled, write two hundred words.
- If you attend public or private school, write one hundred and fifty words.
- Girls, write three hundred words!
- Boys, write two hundred and fifty words!
- If you’ve read at least one book within the past week, write eighty words.
- If you’ve read over five books within the past week, write one hundred and ten words.
- If you’re over thirteen, write ten words for each year that you’ve been alive.
- If you’ve over eighteen, write fifteen words for each year that you’ve been alive.
- If you’re on the Dark Side, give me your cookies and then go write one hundred and sixty-five words.
- If you’re on the Good Side, reconsider your choices and scurry off to write twenty words.
- If you’re listening to music now, write four hundred words.
- If the music you’re listening to right now is from a movie, write one hundred and seventy words.
- Harry Potter fans: there are five boys and five girls in each year at Hogwarts, seven years, and four Houses. Do the math to calculate the number of students at Hogwarts and write this many words.
- If you’re under 5’4″, you’re awesome. Join me in my quest of midgetiness and write five words for every inch of your height!
- If you’re in the US, write ninety words.
- If you’re not in the US, write seventy words.
- If your hair is black or brown, write three hundred and sixty-three words.
- If your hair is blonde or red or has been dyed some other color, write four hundred and three words.
- If your hair is white or gray or you don’t have any hair, write nineteen words.
- If you like mozzarella cheese, write forty-two words.
This is my result:
Reading this in the afternoon (200) + full name totaling eighteen letters (90) + wearing socks (45) + Team Peeta (75) + homeschooled (200) + girl (300) + read two books (80) + over thirteen (160) + Dark Side (165) + listening to music (400) + listening to music from The Hunger Games (170) + Harry Potter fan (280) + 5’1″ (305) + in the US (90) + brunette (363) + loves mozzarella cheese (42) = 2,965
Off to write!