Towards the end of every year I think, “Whoa! It can’t be almost the next year already! How’d this year go by so fast?” It’s no different today either. 2012 went by in a blur.
Here, listen to this awesome and seasonally appropriate song:
Ten Awesome Things That Happened In 2012
- I was Freshly Pressed on WordPress. This was really surprising because to be honest, I don’t think it’s my best post. It’s one of my better posts, but there are others I’d rather have had get Freshly Pressed.
- I won the “Big NaNo” – the adult National Novel Writing Month of 50,000 words.
- I took my first college class, Spanish 101, and got an A-.
- I saw my friend/penpal Katelyn, whom I hadn’t seen in over a year.
- I went to New York City.
- I discovered several books besides Harry Potter to fangirl about, like The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings, Hunger Games, and All Men of Genius.
- I saw some awesome movies, like The Hunger Games and The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. Again, more things to fangirl about.
- I got a job. Dishwashing is boring and messy, but it’s helping to pay for college so I don’t mind too much.
- I took both the SAT and PSAT. I did fairly well in both, scoring in the 99th percentile in Reading and Writing on the PSAT… whoa! The irony is that while we looked at my results, we discovered that I’d misspelled my own name on the form. I kid you not. You have to fill in little bubbles for each letter of your name instead of just writing it out. And my first name is long. Let’s say it’s… Dumbledore. Well, I missed a bubble and filled in Dumbl dore. I now declare myself to be the world’s stupidest smart person. I think I listed this as an awesome thing because it made me laugh so hard.
- Orphu44 and I started the GSA (Good-Sinful Alliance) and it is so much fun to write posts about it.
Ten Things I’m Looking Forward To In 2013
- Taking Spanish 102 next semester.
- Taking a college writing class over the summer.
- The Catching Fire movie! I want to go with my friend Lauren. At midnight. Maybe even in costume. Also, the next Hobbit movie! For many days both preceding and following the film, I shall irritate my family to no end by babbling about it.
- The Academic Superbowl. This year it’s about Ancient Greece. Awesome. Far more awesome than next year’s topic: Westward Expansion. Pioneers… snore!
- Studying comparative religion next semester. This isn’t a college class, just something we’re doing at home. I’m really looking forward to this because although I’m an atheist I love to learn about other cultures and religion is related to culture.
- Revising my NaNovel. I told myself this will start on January first.
- My last season of softball. I can’t believe it will be my tenth already!
- My last NaNoWriMo as a YWPer, when I can still set my own wordcount goal so if I’m failing the adult version (50,000 words) I can still do the YWP. Actually, I’m not sure about that; I may have another year after that. I’ll have to check the age/grade requirements.
- Possibly getting accepted to go on a 4-H trip. Most of them are only open to high school students. There’s one that goes to Washington, D.C. that sounds very cool…
- Sending some of my writing (short stories and/or essays) to magazines in an attempt to have them published.
Finally, the annual WordPress report! Here’s mine, telling things like my most-viewed posts and the most-common search terms by which people found my blog. I was surprised to see that one of my most popular posts was the one about Foxface because I’ve had others that got way more comments. A special round of applause to my top commenters! …yeah, I figured number one would be Liam, Head Phil. My blog must not be too awful then, huh?
Are you doing anything to celebrate New Year’s Eve or are you more like me? I’ll probably end up just reading and might even fall asleep before midnight. I have so much fun, yo.