Hello, hello! Nevillegirl, supreme being who knows all things stupid, is here to tell you about fun stuff you can do while you’re sick! She was visited by the awful N. “Flu” Enza for the past week or so and now can provide a list of things to do while you’re feeling under the weather. Quick, everyone, get sick so you don’t miss out on the fun!
- Sleep. Bonus points if you can do this for sixteen hours.
- Sound like a creepy old man when you laugh thanks to the scratchy throat you have from all that coughing. This then makes your brother laugh. But his laugh sounds normal. Irritating git.
- Take advantage of the free time / your parents telling you to just take it easy by rereading your favorite books. Picture books are guaranteed to make you feel better.
- Laugh at how your mom’s cold is making her voice deeper.
- Fall asleep with a book on your face. Sadly, the text of the book isn’t imprinted onto your face when you wake up. That would have been so awesome – although it depends what you were reading. Harry Potter? Sure. Winnie-the-Pooh? A bit embarrassing.
- Cough a lot, sounding very sick, then quote Monty Python and the Holy Grail: “Bring out your dead!”
- Attempt to use the piano pedals whilst your legs are snugly wrapped in a fuzzy blankie because they’re cold.You keep hitting the wrong pedal. Also you ruin every song by stopping frequently to cough.
- Earn a glare from the kitty for nearly sneezing on him.
- Take frequent naps. Sleep is a common theme here. To take a nap, lie down with something fuzzy (anything from a blanket to a giant hamster) and lose consciousness for several hours. Repeat as often as necessary.
- Discover that eating is disgusting when you can’t taste anything.
- Forget to eat, naturally.
- Get out of doing schoolwork! Yay!
- Convince your mom that since she feels icky too, maybe she should just sit and read a lovely book chosen by her equally lovely daughter. So proud of Mommy for being awesome and reading The Hobbit. I can convince her to read all sorts of things because she’s cool that way.
- Get out of going to work! No one wants Typhoid Mary coughing all over the food in the restaurant.
- Neglect your blog.
Take that, sickness. I used you for comic material!