Yes. I’ve decided that homeschooling is slowly but surely destroying my life. It isn’t helping me. It doesn’t give me opportunities.
I can’t wait to begin attending public high school so I can experience such lovely things as:
- Getting up way too early to be at school on time
- “Studying” subjects I already know
- Teachers who pick favorites
- Way too much homework
- Delicious school lunches filled with unidentifiable objects that are presumably food
- People looking at me like I’m a freak because I don’t have a boyfriend (also, people who don’t understand that hobbits would be excellent boyfriends but unfortunately they don’t really exist so that’s why I don’t have one)
- The joys of standardized testing
- Pressure to be like everyone else
- Little or no free time
I’M SO EXCITED!
Happy April Fool’s Day, guys.
In other news, I’ve started Camp NaNoWriMo. I mentioned a few posts ago that I had three main ideas that came from things I’ve been reading. Well, I decided not to write something fantasy; instead I’m writing a mystery about Greek gods and goddesses. I’m combining my love of Agatha Christie’s mysteries with an assignment for Classical Mythology. I’ll get up a wordcount widget thing soon so you can see my progress, which isn’t very much right now anyway…
Also, I promise that in future you’ll get posts that will be far more awesome than this. I just need to finish them… but they will be of the sort wherein Nevillegirl Is Actually Serious (For Once) And Analyzes Books/Movies/Cool Stuff And Tries Very Hard Not To Dissolve Into Silliness.