“Stan Fields: Miss Rhode Island, please describe your idea of a perfect date. Cheryl: That’s a tough one. I’d have to say April 25th. Because it’s not too hot, not too cold, all you need is a light jacket.”
The weather today was lovely, by the way.
Well, I’m sorry. I intended to write either a sane post about why Miss Congeniality is a great movie and everyone should watch it, or a serious post about what makes a perfect day. But school, softball practice, and studying for my Spanish final got in the way and now I don’t have much time to write, so you get this insane thing.
10 Reasons Today Was Nearly Perfect (Because “Perfect” Is Hard To Achieve)
1. My brother laughed like a crazy duck. Multiple times. It’s one of his talents and it amuses me very much.
2. The first half of my Spanish final is tomorrow which means I’m slightly nervous but on the other hand, there’s not that much time left to worry about it! Yay! I can’t wait until it’s over!
3. I wrote about penguins in a story. Penguins are adorable and make great characters. (I should know; I wrote a whole novel with a penguin as the main character.)
4. My coaches said I did really well at softball practice.
5. I began learning to play this song on the piano.
6. My textbook for college writing class came in the mail and it looks really cool. (Sorry, I’m a nerd. I get excited about these things.)
7. When I drove to and from practice, my mom didn’t shriek or hold on to the car for dear life or any of the other things she usually does when I drive, so I must be getting better.
8. My mom announced that I can get a cell phone soon! Yippee!
9. Physics was actually kind of fun. Parallel and series circuits.
10. My very nice mother let me use the computer until late to write this.
But now she’s telling me to log off, so – bye!