I was recently tagged for this blog meme by Cait @ Notebook Sisters! Thanks, Cait!
So. This tag has twenty questions, asking me to tell things that you probably don’t know about me. But we’ll just have to see about that! Whether you’d like to know me better or you’re trying to see how well you know me by predicting my answers, read on!
P.S. You can find Cait’s version of this tag here.
1. How tall are you?
As my mom says, “Exactly tall enough to reach from the top of your head down to the ground.”
Whatever that means. She’s kind of weird…
Anyway, I am a whopping five foot ZERO. I am by far the shortest person in my family – the next tallest, my mother, is eight inches taller.
Meanwhile, my younger brother – who is the tallest in our family – is about six foot two
and growing. People call us Tall One and Small One.
2. Do you have a hidden talent? If so, what?
I have many hidden talents. Whether or not they are actually useful remains to be seen…
- Being messy
- Eating quite a bit of the chocolate chip cookie dough before it’s been baked
- Hugging people
- Reading 322% faster than the average human being
- Having bad hair days
- Losing pencils (this has been my least favorite part of the new school year thus far)
3. What’s your biggest blog-related pet peeve?
Bloggers who don’t interact with their readers/subscribers/commenters, I guess. People, I want to TALK to you! It’s always disappointing when I leave a comment on someone’s blog and they don’t even bother to reply to it, let alone leave a comment on my own blog.
4. What’s your biggest non-blog-related peeve?
5. What’s your favorite song?
My favorite song changes ALL THE TIME. It’s never the same thing for more than, like, a week or two. Currently, I’m a big fan of “Yellow Flicker Beat” by Lorde. It will play during the credits of the upcoming Mockingjay: Part One movie.
It’s a really pretty song, and the lyrics have so much meaning if you’ve read the book – but mostly, I’m impressed because Lorde is… seventeen? I think? She’s seventeen and she was asked to make music for a hugely anticipated film. That’s impressive. Yay for her!
6. What’s your favorite Etsy store that isn’t yours?
I don’t have an Etsy. (Because I’m bad at arts and crafts and no one would want to buy my stuff from me.) But I do like GracefulDiligence‘s shop. They make handcut paper bookmarks using designs from Doctor Who, Sherlock, and The Hobbit.
7. What’s your favorite way to spend your free time when you’re alone?
I spend most of my free time (and non-free time, such as school time) alone. I like it that way. When I’m alone I like to read and write.
Wow, aren’t I exciting?
8. What’s your favorite junk food?
Pepperoni pizza! IT IS THE BEST.
9. Do you have a pet?
Yes! I have a cat named Mr. Whiskers. He’s black-and-white and basically looks like he’s wearing a tuxedo with socks. He’s very adorable. Sometimes he chews my books. I do not know why.
My favorite fiction book is The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater because it has beautiful
writing and a highly original plot.
My favorite nonfiction book is Boy: Tales of Childhood – Roald Dahl’s first autobiography. I read it when I was about seven and have loved it ever since.
11. What’s your favorite beauty product?
Um. Eyeliner and eyeshadow, I guess? I think it looks gorgeous on other girls, anyway. I have no idea how to put it on, so I don’t wear any.
12. When were you last embarrassed? What happened?
I had an interview on Thursday (for a 4-H thingy) and I said “um” a lot. Which isn’t very professional. Oops.
13. If you could only drink one beverage (besides water) for the rest of your life, what would it be?
My mom buys this extremely sweet berry tea mix and IT IS DELICIOUS.
14. What’s your favorite movie?
Up, probably. Its plot and characters are very well written, and it has the perfect combination of sadness and humor. Yay for animated kid’s movies that aren’t annoying!
15. What were you in high school? Prom queen, nerd, cheerleader, jock, band geek, valedictorian, loner, artist, prep, et cetera?
Somewhere in between “nerd” and “loner.”
16. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
SAN FRANCISCO. Because it’s a beautiful city and it has really really amazing food and it’s really liberal and IT’S SO COOL. I have only been there once, and I would love to go back.
17. PC or Mac?
PC, I guess? My laptop is a Toshiba and apparently any type of computer that isn’t a Mac is a PC? I don’t know. I just googled it. Google may be wrong, for all I know.
18. Last romantic gesture from a crush, date, boy/girlfriend, spouse?
Well, I’m not sure that this next bit was meant to be romantic, but… maybe you can help me figure it out?
Today at work the
extremely cute (and queer!) new girl winked at me. WHAT ON EARTH DOES THIS MEAN?! Was this just a goofy friend wink? Does she like me? Did her eye twitch? Maybe she’s the lesbian equivalent of Captain Jack Harkness from Doctor Who and she winks at ALL the girls. I DON’T KNOW. Tell me your theories, people, because I AM SUCH A CONFUSED ENGIE RIGHT NOW.
19. Favorite celebrity?
David Tennant! I like him for quite a few reasons, and here is just one of them: As a child he was a fan of Doctor Who, and later become an actor because he wanted to play the Doctor. And eventually he did play the Tenth. I think that’s really sweet. Not everyone gets their dream job, but he did.
20. What blogger do you secretly want to be best friends with?
ALL OF YOU! I’m not saying that because I don’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings by not mentioning them, but because you are ALL cool, in many different ways. Some of you make me laugh. Some of you love to geek out with me about [insert book/movie/TV show here]. Some of you have long, thinky conversations with me. Et cetera. (So keep talking to me!)
- Matt @ The Little Engine That Couldn’t
- Miriam Joy @ Miriam Joy Writes
- Sabrina Wolfheart @ Books and Bark
- Kate @ The Magic Violinist
- Taylor Lynn @ Paper Daydreams
And as always, feel free to do this tag on your own blog even if I didn’t tag you!
So, how well do you know me? Did you learn anything new?