Happy July! My 2016 Pride post series officially concluded yesterday and today I wanted to do a recap post! I’ve listed all the posts according to subject in case you feel like revisiting any or wanted to read one for the very first time.
Reading The Rainbow
General bookish stuff
- Bookish LGBTQ+ Resources
- 5 Upcoming LGBTQ+ YA Releases I’m Wildly Excited For
- 2015 Lambda Literary Awards
- How Do You Find Out About LGBTQ+ Books?
- Boy Erased By Gerrard Conley | A Memoir About Conversion Therapy & I Should Go To More Bookstore Readings
- Update On #ReadProud
- 5 New LGBTQ+ Releases I Can’t Wait To Read
- An LGBTQ+ Link Roundup: #GiveCaptainAmericaABoyfriend, “Save Sarah,” LGBTQ+ Movies On Netflix, & More
- Vigil For Orlando + Resources
- An LGBTQ+ Link Roundup: Cards For Orlando, Gay Dads, Iowa City Pride, & More
- #LettersForOrlando & A Literacy Memorial
- An LGBTQ+ Link Roundup: Traveling, LGBTQ+ History In New York City, A Pride Month Reading List, & More
- Today Marks One Year Of Marriage Equality In The United States
- A Letter To My LGBTQ+ Friends From College
- My Gaydar Works Better On My Friends Than On My Crushes & It Kind Of Sucks
- How Being LGBTQ+ Affects My Aspiration To Become A Journalist
- I’m A Gay Little Work In Progress
- Iowa City Pride 2016
- Thoughts On The Third Anniversary Of Coming Out
- Call For LGBTQ+ Music Recommendations!
- Don We Now Our Gay Apparel
- 10 LGBTQ+ Places That I Want To Visit In The United States
- The Pride Flag | Its History & Meaning
That day I did not post about LGBTQ+ stuff
Sooooo… from looking at this post and comparing it to the one I wrote last July recapping my 2015 Pride blog posts, it’s easy to see that my interests have somewhat shifted. I seem to be more interested in books and current events now! Granted, the Orlando shooting has been on my mind a lot lately, and posts about reading are always easy for me to write, so that’s not really surprising, is it?
I meant to write longer posts, and I didn’t really get around to that, but on the other hand… last June I had a very relaxed summer. Yes, I had a job then, and I was working on my 4-H projects, and I’m not doing either of those things this summer. However, I am taking summer classes and so I’ve been kept quite busy what with all the books I have to read and papers I have to write.
There were many days when I had neither the time nor the energy to write a long, thinky blog post – not after writing a ten-page essay! If I’d forced myself to write a bunch of long posts I would have burnt out quite quickly and grown to resent this series of blog posts, and that would be counterproductive. So I’m glad that I wrote what I did, because it helped me to meet my goal.
I’m interested in hearing what you have to say about my blog posts this past month. Which ones were your favorites? Do you have any suggestions for improvements? Is there a particular type of post that you would love to see more (or less) of? Is there a certain topic that you would like me to write a post about? Please tell me in the comments below so that I can be sure to make this blog as appealing as possible!