Hey, everyone. This is just a quick update-post-thing to let you know that I haven’t fallen off the face of the Earth. I’m still here, although I haven’t posted in a few days – and since I normally post every other day, I thought I should put up a post tonight before anyone freaks out. I don’t know.
Anyway, here are some things that happened lately:
- I’ve been sick (with the flu? I think?) this past week or so.
- Hence I have not been able to do much this week which means that I am STRESSING OUT about finals and final projects and whatnot. I know I need to work on them, and I have been, just very very slowly because I am tired and sick and do not want to do much of anything right now.
- Hence why there have been no blog posts recently. I’ve had neither the time nor the energy to write anything that wasn’t related to school and therefore had a grade attached to it.
- On a happier note, my final project for Prose Style is almost done! It’s a portfolio of sentences I’ve written (as well as sentences I’ve found) throughout this semester and I’m so so so happy I took the time to work on it over Thanksgiving break because now it’s just one less thing I have to worry about.
- I’ve completed the course evaluations for about half of my classes and I’m honestly having so much fun because either I’m praising my professors and TAs for doing such a good job of teaching or I’m using this opportunity to anonymously complain about how awful they are. I LIVE FOR THIS MOMENT AT THE END OF THE SEMESTER.
- I’m currently kind of in shock because there is one more week of school left and then it’s finals week and I don’t quite know where this semester even went.
- I’ve been making plans for next semester in terms of study schedules and stuff like that. On one hand it’s got me all excited for new classes and new opportunities, but on the other hand I’ve seen my schedule for this fall slowly go off the rails these past few weeks so it’s a little disheartening to think about that possibly happening to these new plans. BUT ALSO a lot of my poor mental health was related to the election and also to how dark and cold it is outside so I’m hoping that I will feel different next semester? Like, hopefully not too down even as the orange monster is being inaugurated?
- I went to another open mic night a few days ago and it was really good! It was organized by one of my friends who recently started a magazine all about feminism/LGBTQ+ issues/racial justice and it cheered me up immensely. One of the participants read an essay she wrote about growing up as a lesbian in the eighties that was partially about music and partially about AIDS. Ahhhh it was so good! I love meeting older LGBTQ+ people because it reassures me that I can actually have a decent future.
- I had to make an Instagram account today in order to use the site for a final project in one of my journalism classes so I may end up actually posting photos there eventually? Anyway, I’ll let you know if that actually becomes a Thing.
I feel like there’s one very major thing that I’m forgetting? Oh well, if I remember it later I’ll be sure to add it. What have you been up to? Whatever it is that you’ve been doing, I hope you’re not sick like me because that would suck…