Today I bring to you… the ICYMI tag!
ICYMI is short for “in case you missed it,” in case you missed it. Lmao.
The tag was created by Hannah Givens @ Hannah Reads Books and her instructions are as follows:
Go through the past two years of your blog and pick the five posts you most want people to read. Then tag your favorite blogs to do the same – people you’ve lost touch with, new discoveries you’d like to get to know, however you want to do it.
Let’s get right to it.
the five posts i most want people to read.
- No More Dead Lesbians is especially near and dear to me because A) I worked my BUTT off writing that post and B) its subject is of utmost importance in my life. I’ve rebutted the Bury Your Gays trope quite a bit, unfortunately, because people apparently still don’t get why it’s problematic, but this long, loooong essay remains, I think, my best piece of writing on the topic.
- The #LoveMe Challenge | Day 13 | A Quote explains so much about the way I try to life my life: As Carrie Fisher once said, “Stay afraid, but do it anyway.” I constantly remind myself that no matter how hard things get, no matter how worried I am, I have to keep going. I can’t and won’t let factors such as my mental health limit my prospects.
- This Girl Likes Girls is about slowly but surely combating internalized homophobia yayyyy!
- While I’ve discussed my own mental health fairly frequently on this blog, Let’s Talk About Mental Health was the first time I opened up about it here. Pretty necessary information, if you want to know why I am the way I am.
- I’m super proud of Dear Gloria Steinem: Stop Saying Young Women Support Bernie Sanders Because We’re Interested In Boys! I never got around to submitting this to an online magazine as some commenters suggested, but I did consider it! As with the posts above, it tells readers (hi!) a little bit about me… plus I’m just really proud of it. Have I mentioned that yet?
the five nominees.
- I know I’ve said this before, but as one of my oldest and best blogging friends, Kate @ The Magic Violinist is like a little sister to me. Can’t wait to meet her IRL someday!
- I love Orphu @ A Mirror Made of Words so much ahhhh. She’s my BESTEST friend and we talk just about every day about anything you can imagine. She’s helped me so much in so many ways and for that I am very grateful.
- Matt @ The Little Engine That Couldn’t never fails to put a smile on my face. I love how I’m never quite sure what he’s going to post next!
- I don’t know Cristina @ My Tiny Obsessions very well, since I’ve only been following her blog for a few months and am usually too shy to comment. But I really admire her passion for books!
- Similarly, I haven’t talked to Sara @ Freadom Library much either, but I adore the variety of content on her blog! In particular, her “Sara 101” feature is ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE.
Of course, I won’t mind if you do this on your own blog without being tagged! I look forward to reading everyone’s different versions.
In case I missed it: What’s new with you?